Leak Detection & Repair
Water Leak Detection
Losing money each month to a hidden water leak? Call your Chattanooga water leak detection team at Metro Plumbing. We’ve been serving your neighborhood since 1989.
Water leaks, including leaking toilets, are among the most common plumbing problems. They are easily avoided with timely detection and repair, incurring minimal damage. However, a hidden leak that goes undetected can leave you with a hefty water bill and significant water damage. Metro Plumbing is your local Chattanooga water leak detection expert providing fast turnarounds and long-term results.
A leaking pipe is not only bothersome—it is also dangerous. If not treated quickly, it can become a costly problem that affects your home in different ways:
- Mold damage: This can lead to asthmatic symptoms and difficulty breathing.
- Infected water supply: This can bring your household in contact with water borne bacteria.
- Property damage: Water leaks can lead to significant property damage and greatly reduce the value of your home.
How do you know if you have a leaking toilet?
Look out for these signs:
- You have to move the handle to stop your toilet from running
- The toilet makes sounds even when not in use
- You have to hold the handle down for a complete flush
- Water is running on top of the overflow
If you notice any of these problems, contact your Metro PHA plumber for an inspection. We will discuss your options for repair and provide you with upfront pricing you can rely on.
What are signs you have a hidden water leak?
Not sure if there is a water leak in your home? Look out for these signs:
- High water bill: This is a strong indication that a leak is going undetected.
- Mold and mildew growth: Both develop in dark, wet spaces and nothing is more concerning than a leaky pipe inside your home’s walls.
- Stained ceiling or floors: This is a sign of water damage from hidden leaks.
- Warping: If your walls or ceiling seem to be forming bubbles, there may be a leaking pipe on the other side.
- Musty, dank smell: This is often a sign that stagnant water is collecting in your home.
If you’re experiencing any of these plumbing issues, get them under control with immediate water leak detection. We have the tools and equipment to pinpoint hidden leaks and return your home to normal.
Our team will carry out a professional leak detection test and repair the affected pipe. Immediate repair will help prevent costly water damage.
How do we solve the problem?
Your Metro PHA plumber has the tools and technology to locate leaks that may be hidden from the average observer. We use video pipe inspections and special acoustic listening devices and microphones that allow us to see and hear plumbing abnormalities and identify the specific location of the leak. We also use pressure detectors, which register areas of high pressure that spring from leaks.
Our plumbers use proven repair solutions to get your plumbing back in working order with minimum inconvenience. Whether you have a plumbing emergency or simply need a routine checkup, you can rely on us for the quality results you expect.