Pumpkins, costumes and sugar rushes, oh my! Halloween is only a few days away, and we want to make sure you and your little trick-or-treaters stay safe. A recent report from the National Fire Protection Association names Halloween as the fifth highest day of the year for candle fires.
Here are a few Halloween fire safety tips:
- Keep jack o’ lanterns and other decorations with candles away from anything flammable. Hay bales and cornstalks are especially flammable.
- Use decorations containing candles outside and away from high foot-traffic areas. If you can, try to use battery-powered lights and flashlights instead of open flames.
- Supervise children around candles.
- Buy flame resistant costumes.
- Don’t forget that light bulbs also generate heat. Never drape fabric over a light bulb.
- Teach your kids the tried-and-true “stop, drop and roll” technique.
Metro Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning is the service company you want! Call us today at (423) 616-1025!