Repiping & Burst Pipe Repair
In Chattanooga, TN, Cleveland, & Cleveland, TN
Metro Plumbing, Heating and Air offers repiping & burst pipe repair in Chattanooga, TN, Cleveland & Cleveland, TN. If you have no water pressure in your home there is a good chance you have a burst pipe. This could be due to many things such as frozen pipes that burst during the winter to a heavy vehicle crushing the pipes leading into your home.
Why do pipes burst?
One of the most common reasons for pipe bursts is when pipes freeze during the winter. What happens is as the temperatures get close to freezing the water begins to expand. This increases the pressure inside of the pipe until the pressure gets too high for the pipe to contain and eventually the pipe will fail and rupture.
Burst pipes inside of a home can be a pretty big problem due to the damage that water can do inside a structure. If a pipe bursts in the floor it could go unnoticed for some time. If you are not home when a pipe ruptures you could very well come home after being gone all day to find your home full of water. The most likely scenario with burst pipes though will be due to freezing temperatures and unprotected piping.
How to prevent pipe bursts
- Learn where your water main is if you haven’t already done so. In the event of a plumbing emergency knowing where it is located can mean a big difference in how much water escapes into your home.
- During the winter, make sure that all outside taps and piping are well insulated.
- Pipes that are located in areas of the home that are not well heated such as basements and garages need to be piped with good quality lagging.
- Pipes that are located on the outside such as in garages or work sheds need to be buried deep enough to prevent burst pipes.
- If your hot water heater is not already insulated, insulate it. This is an often reason behind burst pipes.
- Consider having your home inspected annually during the fall before winter begins.
- Consider having your heating system inspected annually to help prevent possible breakdowns.
- If your home will be unoccupied for long periods of time, you should turn off the water main.
- During the winter, leave the heat on in your home at reasonable temperatures.
What to do if a pipe bursts?
- If you have notice loss of water pressure or hear unusual noises in your home this could possibly be a pipe burst.
- Watch out for the signs – every burst pipe does not cause a huge flow of water. Look for damp areas in your walls, floors and ceilings.
- If you suspect that you have a burst pipe – turn off the water supply immediately.
- Do not use light switches or electrical outlets if you notice water leaking near them.
- Get in touch with Metro Plumbing, Heating & Air, so that we can dispatch an experienced emergency plumber to isolate the problem and fix the leak for you right away.
Below is a list of some of Metro Plumbing, Heating and Air’s plumbing services:
- Commercial Plumbing
- Drain Cleaning
- Faucets, Fixtures, & Sinks
- Garbage Disposals
- Jet-Vacuum Service
- Main Line Cleaning
- Plumbing Line Camera Inspection
- Plumbing Repairs
- Repiping & Burst Pipe Repair
- Septic Field Line
- Septic Tank Plumbing
- Sewer & Septic
- Sewer Line Repair
- Storm Drain Cleaning
- Sump Pumps
- Water Filtration
- Water Heater Service
- Water Softeners
Why Choose Us
Metro Plumbing, Heating and Air is family owned and operated and has been in operational since 1989. With even many more years of experience within the industry you can rely on Metro PHA. We understand that the safety of your family is a top priority and this is why all of our employees are required to have extensive background checks before employment and we also randomly do drug and alcohol screenings.
We know that plumbing and heating & cooling problems can happen at any time and this is why we have a master plumber and Master heating and air technician on staff at all times. We are also available twenty four hours a day and seven days a week for after hour emergencies. We offer same day servicing and upfront pricing options that will fit every budget and offer up to a 5 year warranty on select services. With Metro PHA we put our customers first. Our commitment to our customers is the foundation to our business. We are a proud member of the Better Business Bureau and maintain a rock-solid A+ rating. When you choose Metro PHA for your plumbing needs you are in good hands. Give us a call at (423) 855 – 0967 to set up an immediate consultation.