Before we get into affordable septic tank pumping in Chattanooga, we thought we’d share some unique attributes of our city!
In 1941, Glenn Miller’s orchestra performed “Chattanooga Choo Choo,” putting our town on the map. Locals affectionately call it “Chattown,” “River City,” “Chatt,” and “Nooga.” It’s even earned the moniker “Gig City” for having the fastest internet in the U.S.
Regardless of its name, this naturally beautiful Appalachian town ranks as Tennessee’s fourth-largest city, with nearly 200,000 residents. Home to major companies like Volkswagen, Alco Chemical, Amazon, and DuPont, Chattanooga has a thriving business scene.
Outdoor enthusiasts will adore the Raccoon Mountain Reservoir, Raccoon Mountain Caverns, Reflection Riding Arboretum, and Lake Winnepesaukah amusement park. For adventure seekers, there’s kayaking and rafting on the Ocoee River and challenging hikes on the Cumberland Trail near Signal Mountain.
Chattanooga boasts historical importance too, with its role in major Civil War battles like “Lookout Mountain” and “Missionary Ridge.”
All these factors attract tourists from around the world, supporting many local businesses. But the city’s humid subtropical climate brings hot and muggy summers, with July temperatures averaging 80°F, often exceeding 90°F.
Residents in “Chatt” seek reliable heating, air conditioning, and septic tank services. Septic tank systems ensure modern living in rural areas, but they require regular maintenance and repair.
Understanding Septic Tanks
Septic tanks provide sewage treatment in areas without a municipal sewer system. Professional plumbers manage these systems, which consist of underground chambers made of materials like concrete, plastic, or fiberglass. Sewage enters the first chamber, with gravity forcing solids to settle at the bottom, while anaerobic bacteria break down waste. Biogases like methane and carbon dioxide are produced, with minimal sludge as a by-product.
The remaining liquid flows to the next chamber for further treatment before draining into a septic drain field, which absorbs the waste. Over time, sludge accumulates, necessitating septic tank pumping.
Common Septic Tank Issues
- Inadequate Pumping: Septic tanks need regular pumping. Older tanks might require yearly service, while well-designed ones can go 2-4 years between pumpings.
- Ground Movement: Ground movement can stress the tank, causing cracks. External groundwater entry through these cracks impairs sludge settling and necessitates more frequent septic tank pumping.
- Root Intrusion: Tree roots can infiltrate tanks, causing blockages and damage. They may even harm the drain field and connecting pipes.
- Baffle Problems: Properly functioning tanks have baffles at the inlet and outlet pipes, helping solids settle and preventing them from reaching the drain field.
- Inappropriate Disposal: Flushing non-biodegradable items, fats, oils, and grease can block inlet drains, leading to odors and septic tank issues.
The Solution: Reliable Septic Tank Pumping
Ignoring septic tank maintenance can lead to disastrous backups and odors. Trust Metro Plumbing for regular septic tank pumping, cleaning, and maintenance to prevent costly repairs and keep your home sewage-free.
In addition to septic services, Metro Plumbing offers 24/7 emergency plumbing services, including:
- Cleaning and septic tank pumping
- Septic tank installation
- Commercial septic tank pumping contracts
- Septic tank repairs
- Excavation of septic fields
- Pipe and vent services
- Sewer services
- Home and business sewer repairs
- High-pressure water jetting
- Unclogging storm drains and sewer pipes
- Pipe and line replacement
- Video camera line services for accurate detection
- Tree root removal
- Septic and sewer inspection services
Since 1989, Metro Plumbing, Heating, and Air have been the trusted choice for plumbing needs in the area. We maintain our technicians’ skills through annual training to provide top-quality service at competitive prices. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we stand by our work.
- “Metro Plumbing saved us when our septic tank failed. We rely on our plumbing to maintain safety during the pandemic. Thanks for the great work!” – Brad Layman, Signal Mountain, TN
- “We had a neglected septic tank with a blockage. Metro Plumbing came out quickly, solved the problem, and offered affordable maintenance.” – Sara Trammel, Hixson, TN
- “Our septic tank had a major issue right before Christmas, but Metro Plumbing came to the rescue. Great service, great pricing!” – Mary Koski, East Brainerd, TN
- “Metro Plumbing cleared a blocked drain quickly and professionally. Highly recommend these guys!” – Bette Sky, Redbank, TN
Trust Metro Plumbing for affordable septic tank pumping in Chattanooga, 24/7 emergency plumbing support, and unmatched customer service. We prioritize your satisfaction and safety. Call us today for all your plumbing, heating, and air conditioning needs.