Photo by GSPhotography at Shutterstock
If you have bought a new air conditioning unit and are wondering how to install it, it’s best to hire a professional to install your air conditioner. If you do hire someone for air conditioner installation in Cleveland, TN, then you should consider the following is done.
- Install the Indoor Unit:
- Select a location on your inside wall which is unobstructed for the air conditioning unit.
- Secure the mounting plate to the interior wall.
- Drill a hole in the wall to fit all the piping.
- Check the electrical connections.
- Connect all the pipes.
- Place the indoor unit onto the mounting plate by pressing the unit against it.
- Install the Outdoor Condenser
- Choose a proper place to install the outdoor unit.
- Put the concrete pad down on the ground and ensured it’s leveled.
- Connect the wires.
- Ensure that the pipes’ flare nuts are corresponding to the pipes on the outdoor unit.
- Complete the Split System Air Conditioner Installation
- Drain the air and humidity from the circuit
- The joints of the piping should be wrapped with insulating and covering tape.
- Fix the piping on the wall with clamps.
- Seal the hole in the wall, preferably with the use of expanding polyurethane foam.
Things to Consider Before You Install an AC Unit
Before getting an air conditioner installed, you should get your home inspected to see if you are getting the right system for you. Here are a few other things you should consider before getting your air conditioner installation in Cleveland, TN:
When purchasing an air conditioning unit, don’t compromise on cost because this is a big investment which will likely last you a decade. Also, the cost of professionally getting it installed might be a bit high but it’s better than doing it yourself.
More expensive air conditioning units are likely to be more reliable and of higher quality. Focus on the specifications and invest in a high-quality air conditioning unit so you won’t have to replace or repair it too much.
Ensure that your air conditioning unit is of the right size by inspecting the space it will occupy. If the unit is too small, you may have to run it too much to get the right amount of cooling. See that the air conditioning is installed in the right place. This is important before getting air conditioner installation in Cleveland, TN
- Efficient Ductwork
Ensure that the ductwork is in proper condition before installing. Seal joints so that cool air remains in the room. Inefficient ducts leak the cool air.
- Air Quality
This is critical when it comes to comfort. Adjusting the airflow is important. Make sure you have proper air quality control devices before getting air conditioner installation in Cleveland, TN.
- Energy Consumption
Make sure the air conditioning you purchase is energy efficient so you don’t have excessive energy bills after it’s installed. Energy efficient units are better for the environment as they don’t emit harmful substances into the air.
Choose an air conditioning system which does not need frequent repair or replacement. Do some research and contact a professional service for air conditioner installation in Cleveland, TN.
- Consider the Alternatives
You need to consider what else needs to be done. Today you no longer need vents to install an air conditioning system but that was once the norm. You require no renovation with modern air conditioning units.
You always have the option of having add-ons on your air conditioning unit so it can do more for you. For example, if you get a heat pump then you can use your unit as a heater as well. You should consider add-ons before installation.
No one wants a noisy air conditioner. It can be an annoyance causing you to take extra measures to avoid the noise. More expensive air conditioners tend to be less noisy. It’s also possible to lessen noise by adding soft elements like curtains to the room.
If you are getting air conditioner installation in Cleveland, TN, then there are a few things to consider during the installation process as well:
- The strength of the wall – you should ensure the wall is strong enough to hold the air conditioning.
- Adequate space between air conditioning and wall – there should be enough space to allow proper airflow.
- Proper height of the unit – in a standard room this means the unit should be at least 7 to 8 feet above the ground which will ensure better cooling
- Angle and tilt for the outdoor unit – this is so that the indoor unit has an unobstructed flow of condensed water from the drainpipe.
- Proper location for the outdoor unit to get proper cooling and functioning, the unit should be mounted on the proper spot. This means it shouldn’t be directly in the way for sunlight and rain to fall. It should also be at an open space and on a rigid and flat surface.
If you are looking for the right service for air conditioner installation in Cleveland, TN, then Metro Plumbing, Heating and Air is for you. It is:
- Family owned and operated
- Operational since 1989
- Many years of experience within the industry
- Safety is a top priority
- All of our employees are required to have extensive background checks and we have drug and alcohol screenings randomly
- Available 24/7 and for after hour emergencies
- Master heating and air technician on stall all the time
- Upfront Pricing which is budget-friendly
- 5-year warranty on certain services.
- We put our customers first
- Member of Better Business Bureau
To know more about air conditioner installation in Cleveland, TN or our other services, visit our website.