With Tips on How to Maintain Your Water Heater
Hot water is extremely necessary for convenience and daily comfort, especially in the winters of Dalton, GA. From needing a bath when the temperature is down to cooking and cleaning, you don’t want to come in contact with freezing water when it’s already so cold around the house.
When your water heater becomes inefficient, it is not sufficient to meet your or your family’s needs. In such circumstances, water heater repair in Dalton, GA is desperately needed. To increase the efficiency of the heater and make sure it is performing at an optimal level, it is best you get a professional plumber to handle the repair.
Common Water Heater Problems
Although problems with water heaters are always case specific, it is best to study how your water heater might be damaged before we talk about how a professional repair can benefit you. Some of the most common problems with water heaters are:
- A broken dip tube: A dip tube is from where the cold water enters your water heater. A functional dip tube would normally shoot the water down to the bottom as the water used by you is supplied from the top. A broken dip tube will fail to shoot the incoming cold water down and will leave cold water on top.
- Sediments in the tank: The water coming into the water heater often carries various minerals and grains of sand. The sediments and debris accumulate to form a layer at the bottom. This works as a hindrance for the effective heating of the water in the heater, leaving the water unheated.
- Depleting heating system: Often when the water heater has gone past its expected useful life, the heating system within starts to deplete. This depletion leaves the water unheated and too cold for your liking. Problems can arise in the thermal switch, the heating element or the thermostat. Regardless of where the problem lies, heating issues and all other water heater repairs in Dalton, GA should be left to a professional plumber.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Plumber
Having built on the reasons behind you needing water heater repair in Dalton, GA, it is pertinent to mention how a professional plumber can help you. You can benefit from a professional repair in the following ways:
Substantial decrease in energy and water bills
Water heater repair in Dalton, GA done by a professional plumber will lead to a substantial decrease in both energy and water bills. The decrease in the bills will be propagated by the professional. The professional plumber would get the heater back working in its optimal condition. When they do this, the heater will take lesser energy to heat the water which it was previously heating with more energy. The decrease in efficiency would also mean that there will now be no wastage of water, as people around the house don’t have to wait for hot water to reach the tap from the heater.
Peace of Mind
Perhaps the biggest reason of getting the services of a professional plumber is because they promise to provide you with peace of mind. Repairing the water heater by your own self is a recipe for trouble. Not only will you be troubling your routine, but you’ll also hamper your productivity by thinking too much about an issue you don’t know a lot about. The chances of you doing something wrong and aggravating the issue cannot be ignored either.
Getting the services of a professional plumber will rid you of this consistently troubled state of mind. You will now be able to go about your daily life knowing that the issues with your water temperature will be taken care of by the time you get home.
Consistent and High Quality High Water
While a non professional plumber will be able to bring back the flow of hot water, but the joy will most probably be short lived. A professional plumber will not only get back the heater to its perfect condition, but will also ensure that the repairs are long lasting.
The repairs would be consistent and there would be no irregularities. A professional plumber is exponentially better than a non professional one, or you trying to handle the task yourself. DIY videos can be helpful, but playing with sophisticated equipment which you have no idea of is a very risky safety hazard.
Tips for Maintenance
Although running a water heater repair in Dalton, GA is out of your hands, what you can do is regularly maintain your water heater to stop major issues from springing up in the future. Once these major issues begin to rise, you will experience a myriad of problems springing up at once. You can avert the possibility of all such unexpected issues by following the maintenance tips mentioned below:
- Drain the tank regularly to remove the sediments. As mentioned above, sediments accumulate at the bottom to form a layer. If you regularly drain the tank, you can successfully manage to get rid of the accumulated sediment before it forms a layer at the bottom.
- Know the age of your water heater. While maintaining your water heater, it is imperative that you take its age into perspective. A normal water heater has a life span of 10-15 years at most. If the water heater is nearing its end, you should consult a plumber and consider replacement instead of a water heater repair in Dalton, GA.
- Keep checking for leaks and maintain a proper temperature. Constantly check the water heater for any leaks that might spring up. Moreover, also get to know the perfect temperature and maintain it for efficiency and energy savings.
If you want to get the services of a water heater repair in Dalton, GA, from a professional plumber, there is no better option that Metro Plumbing and Heating. Regarded as the best in town, we have the right work ethic to manage every task related to plumbing.