When temperature starts soaring, people look for the cool comfort using indoor air conditioners. Therefore, one device that we can see all the time in summer is the air conditioner in the majority of homes. Use of an AC is an efficient way to cool every room in the house. Most of the business blocks also have the condensing units on their ceilings. To ensure keeping your AC unit in working condition, always keep in touch with a service for air conditioner repair in Chattanooga, TN.
Air conditioners come in various sizes, prices and cooling qualities. They are one of those things we see every day, but we seldom pay attention to. It’s basically a refrigerator without an insulation box. An AC employs evaporation of a refrigerant, like the cooling liquid, to generate cooling.
An AC takes away the heat and moisture from air. A large AC can cool the room fast, but can remove a certain amount of moisture. As a result, the room remains with a little humid atmosphere.
Energy Efficiency Ratio
An AC unit of appropriate size can take away the moisture very efficiently while it cools the room. The air conditioners of the room are evaluated by their Energy Efficiency Ratio or EER, which is the output of cold divided by the consumption of electricity. The higher the EER, the more efficient the air conditioning will be. To understand the role and importance of EER better, consult with a company for air conditioner repair in Chattanooga, TN.
Size Consideration of AC
Portable air conditioners are not as effective as window units, and are only recommended when a window unit does not fit within a particular window. Some people may buy a bigger AC unit, considering that it will cool better. However, a bigger air conditioner may prove to be less effective, and can also waste a lot of energy at the same time. To determine the exact size of AC you should use in your home, contact a professional company pertaining to the air conditioner repair in Chattanooga, TN.
You can do simple repairs to your air conditioner yourself like everything you have in regular use. Some things of the unit can be easily repaired if broken. For example, your air conditioner does not cool enough until it runs at maximum power. In this case, a small cleaning can solve the problem.
So follow the advice of the manufacturer given in the manual, or a service for air conditioner repair in Chattanooga, TN. If you have lost the manual, ask for a copy to the company. To detect the failure, choose to repair your air conditioner on a day that is relatively warm.
You must be careful when you are repairing on your own. Turn off the power to the unit while you work. The air conditioning unit usually has a panel for this. But in case you cannot find this panel, cut the electricity of the whole house. Also, wipe all dirt off the condenser while you begin the cleaning process.
- The first step to detect the location of the fault is to remove the grill from the condensation. Then clean it with a small brush or some soft material, taking care not to damage its delicate surface. After cleaning this, you will need to dry it.
- Then, remove the screws and remove the grill cover very carefully because the fans will remain attached to it and you may accidentally end up cutting some cable.
- Then you should remove the hoses, covering the engine with some waterproof material.
- As you dismantle the air conditioner, maybe you need to lubricate the engine a bit, just in case.
- Finally, put the parts back in their proper place and you will have finished with your simple effort to clean the air conditioner.
Now, to see if you have already solved the issue, turn on the electricity and let the air conditioner run for a while. Put your hands on the two pipes connected to the condenser.
If one is hot and the other is cold, your unit is working properly. But if not, you may need to refill the coolant. Well, this is not something you can do for yourself, so you should call a professional service for air conditioner repair in Chattanooga, TN.
If your air conditioner does not turn on automatically, you can try the following steps.
- First, make sure the thermostat is set to cool down and is below the room temperature.
- Secondly, there may be a blown fuse that may be the reason it does not ignite, or there may be a broken circuit in the main panel.
- Thirdly, make sure that both the power button and the condensation knob are in the on position.
- As the last step, make sure that the 240V corrector is not turned off. It is located next to the compressor.
The steps described are not so complicated and can be done at any time.
These simple preventive steps can be done by yourself whenever and however you want. In addition, these steps will help you cut your expenses for a lot of savings. The savings can be handy when you need major repairs by a professional service for air conditioner repair in Chattanooga, TN. Otherwise, you can fix the problems with these simple steps.
Ask the Manufacturer
And if you need more help, you may contact the manufacturer. Since it is their product, they know how to fix it. With their expert knowledge, you can send it through a good repair and can give you some information about future considerations to take into account.
Ask a Professional Service for Air Conditioner Repair in Chattanooga, TN
It’s vital to get the services of the expert service for air conditioner repair in Chattanooga, TN whether you have a minor or bigger problem. In Chattanooga, TN, Metro Plumbing, Heating and Air is the best option you can contact. Please, call at (423) 616-1025 to call their experts.