Switch to a Programmable Thermostat
Smart technology has quickly become a staple of modern society. Odds are, you own some kind of smart technology, whether it be a smartphone, smart television, smart refrigerator, smart security system, smart watch, or smart car. The possibilities seem almost endless. And the truth is, they kind of are, because smart thermostats, also known as programmable thermostats, are also available to homeowners.
We know that smart technology can feel overwhelming, not to mention it may come at a high price. Programmable thermostats, however, are fairly easy to operate, so put to rest your stress! There are numerous benefits to using programmable thermostats, including lowering energy costs and maintaining constant comfort by tailoring heating and cooling cycles to your exact needs. And, you can do this all from your smartphone, computer or tablet.
Because your heating and cooling system accounts for 48% of your energy costs, it seems only natural that you’d want to go the most energy efficient route. We’ve put together a list of what we believe to be the best programmable thermostats around.
- Save an average of 23% on heating and cooling costs
- Monitor and control your system via Wi-Fi, anytime/anywhere from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Comes with one free remote sensor, but can support up to 32. The sensors measure both temperature and occupancy. This helps keep balance so that it can keep all occupied rooms comfortable.
- Hard-wired for total reliability
- Provides you with live weather on the screen and a 5-day forecast
- Average installation time is 45 minutes
- Saves an average of 10-12% on heating costs and 15% on cooling costs
- Auto-schedules: learns the temperatures you like to keep and then programs itself within a week
- When nobody’s home, it turns itself down to help lower energy costs
- Motion sensor technology: when you’re nearby, it’ll light up to show you the time, temperature or weather
- Connect thermostat to Wi-Fi to control temperature from your smartphone, computer or tablet
- A leaf will appear when you choose a temperature that saves energy
- Average installation time is 30 minutes
- Seven-day programming
- Energy saving mode
- Learns when to pre-heat/cool your home based on your temperature liking
- Offers real-time clock option
- Automatic software updates
- One-year limited warranty
- Total connect comfort voice command
- Connect to Wi-Fi to control from your smartphone, computer or tablet
- DIY installation
As you can see from just this short list, there are a variety of programmable thermostats to choose from, based on your budget and needs. Whatever your needs are, we guarantee there is a thermostat for you! While all of the ones we have listed can be installed by the homeowner, don’t hesitate to give us a call to assist you in the process. Our technicians know the ins and outs of programmable thermostats and can teach you how to operate it.
Metro Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning is the service company you want! Call us today at (423) 616-1025!