Photo By fizkes at Shutterstock
If you are looking for someone to do air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN, then it’s best to hire a professional.
However, before getting an air conditioner installed, you should get a home inspection and see if the system you got is right for you. Here are a few other things to consider before getting your air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN:
When purchasing an air conditioning unit, the cost is an important factor because this is a big investment which will likely last you a long time. The cost of professional installation is high but it’s worth it.
This is crucial to your comfort. Adjusting the airflow is important. Make sure you have proper air quality control devices before getting air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN.
If you want high quality and reliability, you may have to compromise on cost because more expensive air conditioning units are likely to be better. Focus on the specifications and invest in a high-quality air conditioning unit so you won’t have to repair or replace it too much.
Make sure the air conditioning unit you get is the right size for the space it will occupy. If the unit is too small, you may have to run it too much to get the right kind of cooling. See that the air conditioning is installed in the right place. This is essential before getting air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN.
4. Efficient Ductwork
The ductwork should be in proper condition before installing. Seal joints so that cool air remains in the room. Inefficient ducts leak out the cool air.
5. Energy Consumption
Make sure the air conditioning you purchase is energy efficient so you don’t have to pay excessive energy bills after it’s installed. Energy efficient units are also better for the environment as they don’t emit harmful substances into the air.
Choose an air conditioning system is durable and won’t need frequent repair or replacement. Do some research and contact a professional service for air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN.
You also usually have the option of having add-ons on your air conditioning unit so it can do more for you. For instance, if you get a heat pump then you can use your unit as a heater as well. You should consider add-ons before hiring a service for air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN.
You don’t want a noisy air conditioner. It can be a nuisance causing you to take extra measures to avoid the noise. More expensive air conditioners tend to be less noisy. It’s also possible to lessen noise by adding soft elements like curtains to the room.
You should lastly consider the alternatives, meaning what else needs to be done. Today you no longer need vents to install an air conditioning system but that was once normal. You require no renovation with modern air conditioning units.
If you do hire someone for air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN then you should consider the following is done:
- Install the Indoor Unit:
- Select a location on your inside wall which is not blocked for the unit.
- Drill a hole in the wall to fit all the piping.
- Secure the mounting plate to the interior wall.
- Check the electrical connections.
- Connect all the pipes.
- Place the indoor unit onto the mounting plate by pressing the unit against it.
- Install the Outdoor Condenser:
- Choose a proper location for the outdoor unit’s installation.
- Put the concrete pad down on the ground and ensured it’s leveled.
- Connect the wires.
- Make sure that the pipes’ flare nuts are corresponding to the pipes on the outdoor unit.
- Complete the Split System Air Conditioner Installation
- Drain the air and humidity from the circuit
- Wrap the joints of the piping with insulating and covering tape.
- Fix the piping on the wall with clamps.
- Seal the hole in the wall, preferably with the use of expanding polyurethane foam.
If you are getting air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN, then you should consider the following during the installation process as well:
- The strength of the wall– you shouldn’t install the unit on a weak wall.
- Enough space between air conditioning and wall– there should be enough space to allow proper airflow.
- Angle and tilt for the outdoor unit– this is to ensure that the indoor unit has an unobstructed flow of condensed water from the drainpipe.
- Proper height of the unit– in a standard room this means the unit should be at least about 8 feet above the ground which will ensure better cooling
- The right location for the outdoor unit– to get proper cooling and functioning, the unit should be mounted on the proper spot. This means it shouldn’t be directly in the way for sunlight and rain to fall. It should also be at an open space and on a rigid and flat surface.
If you are looking for the right service for air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN then Metro Plumbing, Heating and Air is for you. It’s because we have the following:
- Home Evaluation
- Friendly and Professional
- Customer Service
Operating since 1989, we have many years of experience in the industry. We are reliable and safe. We are a family-owned business and are available 24/7 for after-hour emergencies. Master heating and air technicians are always available. We have upfront pricing which is budget-friendly. We put our customers first and give a 5-year warranty on certain services. Lastly, we are a member of the Better Business Bureau. To know more about air conditioner installation in Chattanooga, TN and our other services, visit our website.