Photo By Ozgur Coskun at Shutterstock
Heating and air conditioning (AC) units are important parts of a household. No one wants their heater to stop working in the winter and their AC malfunctioning during the summer. But if your heating and cooling units are giving you problems and you are looking for heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN, then Metro Plumbing Heating and Air is the solution.
There are ways to maintain your heater and AC to extend their life so that you don’t need heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN. These include:
- Keep them clean
- Understand how their system works
- Avoid using the coldest temperature on the AC
- Fix fins on the AC
- Clean the coils
- Replace the filters
- Check the insulation of the AC
- Clean the vents
- Clean the outside of the air compressor of the AC
- Deep clean them with a brush
- Prevent blockage of vents
- Condensate drains
- Find air leaks in your house for your AC
- Open the windows regularly to ventilate the room where the AC is
- Get your systems checked by a professional regularly
However, despite maintenance, you might still need heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN.
Here are a few signs your heating system needs service or repair:
- Cool air blowing from vents
- Increased heating costs
- Burning odor
- Short cycling
Here are a few signs your air conditioning unit needs repair or service:
- Stale or smelly air
- Frequent on/off cycling of the unit
- Thermostat problems
- Poor air flow
- Not cooling properly
- Strange sounds coming from the unit when it is operating
- Higher energy bills
If you notice any of the above it might be time for heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN.
It’s a good idea to maintain and inspect your systems every year. When it comes to heating repair, you should ensure the professional you hire for heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN follows the following process:
- Change the air filters: Dirty filters can be a real problem so replace or clean the filter on a monthly basis.
- Check the thermostat: If your furnace doesn’t seem to be producing any heat, check the thermostat’s battery level and see if it needs replacement.
- Check the power supply and circuit breaker: If the thermostat’s screen is blank or the furnace stops working, check if the circuit breaker blew a fuse or tripped. Also, ensure the power cord is plugged in.
- Pilot light or ignition control problems: Faulty electrical components or clogged components can cause problems, so leave ignition issues to the experts.
- Reduce drafts: You might need to close the doors or windows in the room.
- Mechanical issues: You should let professionals handle problems like these to avoid causing a larger problem.
- Propane or natural gas problems: Call a professional if you feel there are problems with the valve or gas feed because of a malfunction with the gas pressure regulator.
When getting your air conditioning unit repaired, you should ensure the following:
- Clean off your unit: Keeping the exterior air conditioner condenser free and safe from obstructions allows it to work properly.
- Take Care of the Main Blower: A dirty blower becomes gets weighed down and can’t spin at its usual speed. The heavyweight forces the compressor to work harder than usual to maintain the room’s desired temperature which increases energy bills. Hiring a service for heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN will solvethis problem. The service will take apart the entire blower unit and then clean it. Getting servicing and repair done can help you avoid costly replacements.
- Clean the Condenser Coils: These are delicate and shouldn’t be cleaned with tough materials. The coils are typically cleaned with jets of water which are high powered and then they are blow dried. Afterward, all the bent fins are straightened out using a ‘fin comb.’
- Clean the Filters: Choked or dirty filters make the whole system work harder leading to high energy bills and a larger ecological footprint. The dirty filters also decrease cold air steadily flowing into your room.
- Check the Entire System’s Wiring: All the wires and pipes should be thoroughly checked by the service for heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN which you hire. Exposed wires can be extremely dangerous and a potential hazard. So getting them checked frequently is best.
- Clean Up The Mess: Lastly, you should see that the service you hire for heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN cleans up your house after the repair.
Selecting the right company for your heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN is tough. Metro Plumbing, Heating and Air is a good choice because of the following reasons:
- Operational since 1989
- Family owned and operated
- Many years of experience within the industry
- Safety is a top priority
- All of our employees are required to have extensive background checks and we have drug and alcohol screenings randomly
- Available 24/7 and for after hour emergencies
- Master heating and air technician on stall all the time
- Upfront Pricing which is budget-friendly
- We put our customers first
- 5-year warranty on certain services.
- Member of Better Business Bureau
We operate and deal in all sorts of repair issues and given all the above, we are the best choice for heating and AC repair in Cleveland, TN. Our professional ability and handle any situation will leave you convinced about our quality and service. You can get more information on our services on our website. We solve issues big and small, emergencies or minor inconveniences.