Unlocking the Mystery of Clogged Toilets
Your home’s throne, the toilet, is a vital fixture. Yet, when it suddenly becomes unusable, panic can swiftly set in. A common culprit? A pesky clogged toilet. Let’s delve into the reasons behind this issue and how you can sidestep it.
Steer Clear of Toilet Troubles
Avoiding a clogged toilet doesn’t have to be rocket science, but sometimes it calls for plumbing expertise. The good news is that by understanding the root causes of clogs, you can take proactive steps. Here are 10 familiar triggers for toilet blockages:
- Foreign Items: Toys, hairpins, paper clips – anything that can’t navigate plumbing bends.
- Excessive TP Use: Flushing half a roll of toilet paper causes a big wad that blocks pipes.
- Feminine Products: Even though some are labeled flushable, avoid flushing tampons and liners.
- Toilet Trash Can: Cotton swabs and small items tossed in act like dams in the pipeline.
- Waste Accumulation: Obstructions lead to waste backup, causing clogs and overflows.
- Tree Roots: Older tree roots wrap around pipes outside, causing sewage flow problems.
- Septic Tank Full: A full septic tank can lead to toilet clogs.
- Flush the System: Built-up residue like lotion and toothpaste can cause backups.
- Water Pressure: Poor water pressure means an insufficient flush, leading to clogs.
- Vintage Toilets: Pre-2000 toilets might clog more often due to lower flushing capacity.
Swift Solutions with Metro Sewer and Plumbing
If a clogged toilet is causing a headache, relief is just a call away. Dial (423) 250-9376 for expert assistance from Metro Plumbing, Heating and Air. Our skilled technicians will promptly service your Chattanooga home, ensuring your toilet troubles are history.