Winters in Chattanooga, TN, can be harsh, and reliable furnaces are essential to combat the cold.
Keep an eye out for these signs indicating your furnace might need repair:
- Insufficient Heating: If your home remains cold despite the furnace running, there might be airflow blockages or issues with the heat exchanger, blower, or filter. Contact an HVAC professional for diagnosis and repair.
- Unusual Noises: New and strange sounds from your furnace can signify belt, part, or internal issues. Promptly address these sounds to avoid more significant repairs or even a full replacement.
- Strange Smells: A lingering odor beyond the initial dust burning is concerning. Unusual smells can indicate problems that may require immediate attention for safety and furnace functionality.
- High Heating Bills: Rising energy bills often signal furnace inefficiency. Regular furnace maintenance and repair can restore efficiency and save you money in the long run.
- Yellow Pilot Light: A correctly functioning furnace should have a blue pilot light. A yellow flame can indicate gas issues, including dangerous carbon monoxide levels. Contact a professional right away.
- Failure to Start or Stay On: A malfunctioning thermostat, wiring, pilot light, or fan motor can prevent your furnace from starting or staying on. Professional furnace repair is necessary to identify and fix these issues.
- Thermostat Adjustment Ineffectiveness: If adjusting the thermostat doesn’t warm your home, check outdoor temperatures. If it remains cold indoors, even after thermostat adjustments, it’s time to call for professional repair.
- Poor Air Quality: If your home experiences reduced air quality, especially affecting those with respiratory issues, the furnace may be the culprit. Repair can prevent the circulation of dust, mold, or irritants.
- Uneven Heating: Certain areas of your home being colder than others could indicate furnace issues. If your furnace isn’t maintaining consistent warmth, it’s working harder, increasing energy costs and shortening its lifespan.
- Ice on the Roof: Ice accumulation on the roof without precipitation could be due to heat rising to the attic. A properly functioning furnace should keep the heat in your living areas, not your attic.
The Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
Scheduling professional furnace maintenance annually provides numerous benefits:
- Ensures Proper Airflow: Adequate airflow helps your furnace work efficiently. It prevents overwork, higher energy bills, and premature wear and tear.
- Safety: Annual maintenance checks for potential gas leaks, ensuring your family’s safety.
- Reduced Repairs: Early detection and correction of minor issues reduce the need for more extensive and costly repairs.
- Increased Efficiency: Regular maintenance enhances your furnace’s efficiency, reducing energy costs and extending its lifespan.
- Eliminates Fire Hazards: Loose or broken wires are fire hazards. Regular maintenance checks help prevent these risks.
- Maintains the Manufacturer’s Warranty: Many manufacturers require annual maintenance to uphold warranties, saving you money on repairs.
- Filter Replacement: Your technician will replace the filter during maintenance, ensuring a clean system free of allergens.
For furnace maintenance and repair services in Chattanooga, TN, contact Metro Plumbing, Heating, and Air. As a local, family-owned business serving the area since 1989, we offer 24/7 emergency services to address your heating needs promptly. Prioritize your furnace’s health; schedule maintenance and repairs with us today.